550g caster sugar
75g plain flour
250ml meyer lemon juice, strained
3 tablespoons finely grated meyer lemon zest
225g plain flour
65g icing sugar, plus extra for dusting
180g unsalted butter, cut into 10 pieces
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
2. To make the crust, place the flour and sugar in the bowl of a food processor and pulse to combine. Add the butter, 1 piece at a time, until the mixture resembles pea-sized crumbs.
3. Press the mixture into the base of a 23.5 cm x 33.5 cm slice tin. Bake for 18–20 minutes or until golden. Cool in the tin for 20–30 minutes.
4. Reduce the temperature to 150°C. Whisk the eggs, sugar, flour and lemon juice together in a bowl until combined and smooth. Stir in the zest and pour over the crust. Bake for 25–30 minutes or until set. Remove from the oven and cool completely on a wire rack. Dust with the extra icing sugar and cut into 6 cm x 2.5 cm bars.
• Meyer lemons are available in the cooler months from select greengrocers and farmers’ markets.