The New Daily is giving two lucky readers the chance to win a Bendigo getaway. Our two lucky winners will be able to create their own bespoke trip to suit their tastes with a Bendigo tourism voucher to the value of $750 each. The voucher can be used for accommodation, tours and entry to select events. So whether it’s art & culture, food & wine, family fun or shopping and relaxation you can tailor this prize to you!
To enter the draw, you must be an existing or new subscriber to The New Daily and all you need to do is update your subscription details (age & postcode) and tell us in 25 words or less why you would like to go to Bendigo.
For the full terms and conditions read below. What are you waiting for? A wealth of restaurants, cafes, wineries, breweries and bars await. Oh and did we mention Bendigo is Australia’s first and only UNESCO Creative City & Region of Gastronomy. Enter now!
Click here to be kept up to date on all the latest in Bendigo
The New Daily Bendigo Getaway Competition – Terms and Conditions of Entry
1. Information on how to enter The New Daily Bendigo Getaway and prize form part of the Terms and Conditions of Entry. Entry into this competition deems acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
2. To the extent of any inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and any other reference to this competition, these Terms and Conditions prevail.
Who can enter
3. Subject to clause 4, entry is open to all residents of Australia between the ages of 18 and 79, as of the date of entry, who have fulfilled the requirements set out below.
4. Employees, and their immediate family members, of the Promoter – The New Daily, Motion Publishing Pty Ltd and associated agencies and companies are not eligible to enter this competition. Immediate family members means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, defacto spouse, child or step child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step parent, grandparent, step grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step brother, step sister or 1st cousin. The Promoter is Motion Publishing Pty Ltd of The Commons,10-20 Gwynne Street Cremorne VIC, 3121, Australia (“Promoter‟).
How to enter
5. Entrants must be an active existing or new subscriber to The New Daily and update their subscription details, including their age, gender and postcode and advise why they would like to go to Bendigo to enter.
6. Entrants can agree to click on the link and sign up to the the City of Greater Bendigo newsletter if they choose to receive more information.
Number of Entries permitted
7. One entry per person for the duration of the promotion.
Open, Close, Draw and Publish dates
8. The competition commences 10 July 2021 at 12:01AM AEST and closes 10 August 2021 at 11:59PM AEST (“Promotional Period”). The Promoter must receive entries during the Promotional Period.
9. The two (2) entries judged to be the most creative based on merit will win a $750 Bendigo voucher each. The two winners will be judged at Motion Publishing Pty Ltd at The Commons, 10-20 Gwynne Street Cremorne Victoria 3121 on 17 August 2021 at 11:00AM AEST.
10. The winner will be notified by email within two business days of the draw and the name of the winner will be published via the competition page on the 19 August 2021.
11. The vouchers will be sent via email within 28 days of the draw. The Bendigo Visitor Centre will call the winners to share details on how the voucher can be redeemed.
12. The Promoter may conduct such further draws on 30 September 2021 at the same time and place if the prize has been unclaimed by the original winner. The winner of any unclaimed prize draw will be notified by email within two business days of the draw and the name of the winner will be published via the competition page on 19 August 2021.
Prize on offer
14. Total prize value is up to $1,500 (Including GST), as at 2/07/2021.
15. The prize will be fulfilled by Motion Publishing Pty Ltd.
16. The prize on offer is strictly limited to: 2 x $750 Bendigo Gift Voucher valid for 12 months after 19 August 2021. Cannot be redeemed for cash and is non-transferable. Voucher can be redeemed for accommodation, tours and retail from the Bendigo Tourism Centre and is subject to availability.
17. The winner(s) must comply with all conditions specified by Motion Publishing Pty Ltd.
18. In the event a winner does not take the prize by the time stipulated, then the winner will forfeit the entire prize and cash will not be awarded in lieu of the prize.
19. Unless expressly stated in these Terms and Conditions all other expenses are the responsibility of the winners including but not limited to current passports, visas, meals, spending money, transport to and from departure and arrival points, transfers, drinks, incidentals, mini-bar, laundry, room service, telephone calls, activities, gratuities, services charges, travel insurance, pre and post accommodation, optional activities or excursions and all other ancillary costs. A credit card imprint or cash deposit may be required from the winner at check-in to the hotel, for all incidental charges.
|Number of winners||Full details of prize||RRP for each prize element|
|Two (2) winners||2 x $750 Total $1,500 (includes GST) Bendigo Gift Voucher valid for 12 months after the 19th August||$750 per voucher|
20. By entering this competition, and by collecting a prize, the winner acknowledges and accepts that driving, travel and any other activities comprising the prize, are inherently dangerous and may result in death, injury, incapacity, damage to property or other losses. The Promoter is not responsible for any acts of god, adverse weather conditions or industrial action or civil commotion that may occur whilst the winner is travelling. It is the responsibility of the prize winner to enquire about local issues and conditions at destinations prior to travel. The Promoter does not guarantee that the winner will enjoy the tourism prize or be suited to the type of activities the prize offers.
21. Travel arrangements to and from the winner’s home (Australian capital city) do not form part of the prize and are the responsibility of the winner and their travelling companion/s. accommodation is subject to terms & conditions and cannot be exchanged for other destinations.
22. Compliance with any health or other government requirements is the responsibility of the prize winner and their travel companions. The prize will be subject to the General Conditions of the provider. The Promoter will make no representation as to the safety, conditions or other issues that may exist at any destination. . Travel insurance is not included in the prize.
Other terms & conditions
23. Any entrant found to have used a third party (including online competition entry site) to enter on their behalf will have all entries invalidated and any claim they have to any prize will be invalidated. If such an entrant is awarded a prize and then found to have breached this clause, the entrant must immediately return any prize awarded. The Promoter has sole discretion to determine if this clause has been breached by any entrant. The Promoter reserves the right to request whatever documentation it deems necessary to confirm if the entrant has breached this clause. An entrant must provide any requested documentation to the Promoter upon request.
24. Any entrant found to be entering incorrect contact details, including incorrect email contact details, will have all entries invalidated and any claim to any prize will be invalidated. If such an entrant is awarded a prize and then found to have breached this clause, the entrant must immediately return any prize awarded. The Promoter has sole discretion to determine if this clause has been breached by any entrant. The Promoter reserves the right to request whatever documentation it deems necessary to confirm if the entrant has breached this clause. An entrant must provide any requested documentation to the Promoter upon request.
25. If the prize is unavailable, for whatever reason, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for a prize of equal or greater value, subject to State and Territory legislation. Cash will not necessarily be awarded as a substitute.
26. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner must comply with all the conditions of use of the prize. Each prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to use the prize as stated.
27. The Promoter highly recommends a current email address be provided when requested for ease of correspondence and potential prize delivery. The Promoter makes all reasonable efforts to deliver prizes to the addresses provided by competition entrants. The Promoter cannot guarantee that any prizes returned to the Promoter due to non-delivery at the provided address will be re-sent to the prize winner.
28. The Promoter reserves the right to request winners to sign a winner’s deed of release or any other relevant forms or agreements that the Promoter deems necessary, to provide proof of identity, proof of age, proof of residency at the nominated prize delivery address and/or proof of entry validity in order to claim a prize. Proof of identification, residency, age and entry considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Promoter. In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
29. The Promoter reserves the right to conduct a redraw in the event that an entrant, claiming to be a winner, is unable to satisfy these Terms and Conditions or has breached these Terms and Conditions.
30. The Promoter’s decision in relation to any aspect of the competition is subject to State and Territory legislation but also final and binding on each person who enters. No correspondence will be entered into. No responsibility is accepted for late, lost or misdirected entries. Prizes are subject to availability, not transferable or exchangeable and, with the exception of cash prizes, cannot be taken as cash. Prizes will be sent to the winner’s nominated address as stated in their original entry. The Promoter and their associated agencies, and companies associated with this promotion will take no responsibility for prizes damaged or lost in transit.
Copyright, Statutory guarantees, Waiver and liability
32. In participating in the prizes, the winners agree to participate and co-operate as required in all editorial activities relating to the Competition, including but not limited to being interviewed and photographed. The winners (and their companions) agree to granting the Promoter a perpetual and non-exclusive licence to use such footage and photographs in all media worldwide, including online social networking sites, and the winners (and their companions) will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
33. Prize winners are advised that tax implications may arise from their prize winnings and they should seek independent financial advice prior to acceptance of that prize.
34. The Promoter (subject to State and Territory legislation) reserves the right to amend, cancel or suspend this competition if an event beyond the control of the Promoter corrupts or affect the administration security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this competition. The Promoter will disqualify any individual who has tampered with the entry process or any other aspect of this competition.
35. Any cost associated with accessing the promotional website is the entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used.
36. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limit, exclude or modify or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth), as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the State and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
37. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or Entrant; or (f) use of a prize The Promoter (including its officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits or opportunity), expense, damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with this competition including taking or using a prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law), including the Non-Excludable guarantees. Any change in value of the prize occurring between the publishing date and date the prize is claimed is not the responsibility of the Promoter.