Tiger Woods said he is “excited” to return to tournament play for the first time in nine months after selecting himself for the World Challenge event at the end of November.
The 14-time major winner, who hosts the tournament in the Bahamas, is to return after back surgery, which has kept him out of competitive action since he withdrew from the Dubai Desert Classic at the start of February.
“I’d like to thank the committee of 1 for picking myself and Daniel Berger to play in this years,” Woods tweeted.
— Tiger Woods (@TigerWoods) October 30, 2017
Woods underwent a fourth back operation in three years in April and earlier this month the 41-year-old’s agent Mark Steinberg said he had been cleared to resume full golf activity following a check-up with his surgeon.
“Albany is the perfect setting and it will be great to join this outstanding field,” Woods said on his website.
“I would also like to thank the fans for their unwavering support during my injury.”
The 41-year-old American has only played six competitive rounds in the past two years while trying to recover from multiple back surgeries.
Woods has won his own tournament on five occasions.