Sport Golf Tiger Woods takes indefinite break from golf
Updated:

Tiger Woods takes indefinite break from golf

Share
Twitter Facebook Reddit Pinterest Email

Golf great Tiger Woods has announced he is taking indefinite leave from the PGA Tour until he has sorted out the problems in his game.

He carded a career-worst round of 82 in Phoenix late last month, and was then forced to pull out of the Farmers Insurance Open at Torrey Pines because of back tightness.

Tiger trouble: can Woods get back in the swing? 
Tiger lashes writer over satirical interview

On Wednesday (Thursday morning AEDT) Woods said on his website that he would not return to the sport until he was ready.

“Right now, I need a lot of work on my game, and to still spend time with the people that are important to me,” he said.

“My play, and scores, are not acceptable for tournament golf. Like I’ve said, I enter a tournament to compete at the highest level, and when I think I’m ready, I’ll be back.”

Woods said he could return at the Honda Classic in Florida, beginning February 26, but won’t unless he feels 100 per cent prepared.

Woods, the winner of 14 majors, is ranked 62 in the world, the lowest ranking he has held since turning professional nearly 20 years ago.

Comments
View Comments