Alessandro Del Piero hasn’t committed to Sydney FC past this season and concedes the A-League All Stars clash against his former side Juventus could be his final football match.
The Sydney FC skipper says he has yet to decide if he’ll sign a new deal with the Sky Blues after his contract comes to an end at the conclusion of this campaign.
“We’ll see what will happen for next season,” the 39-year-old said on Tuesday.
“I really don’t know what will happen but everything is good at the moment.”
Asked if it was possible that the August 10 clash at ANZ Stadium would be his football swan song he said: “Yes it is possible this maybe will be the final one but maybe not.
“Now is not the moment for me to answer that and what I want to do for the future.”
Despite being the fans’ most requested A-League star for the inaugural All Stars match against Manchester United last year, Del Piero missed the clash.
But the Italian playmaker will line-up against his former club for the first time since leaving Juventus following a trophy-laden 19 years of which he spent 11 as captain, scoring an impressive 290 goals in 705 matches.
The most successful Italian club has committed to bringing a full-strength squad to Australia despite the match being only a month after the World Cup in which up to 17 of the club’s players will be participating in.