Anthony Mundine says he still harbours hopes of fighting superstar Floyd Mayweather Jr after announcing he will headline a boxing card in Brisbane on January 29.
The undercard will feature Wallabies star Quade Cooper in his second fight.
However, the opponents for both Mundine and Cooper are yet to be determined.
Mundine told a media conference in Brisbane on Tuesday he hoped to line up as many fights as it took against world-ranked opponents to earn a showdown with the likes of Mayweather or Manny Pacquiao by late 2014.
Mundine established himself as a legitimate contender with his sixth-round TKO victory over multiple world title winner Shane Mosley in Sydney recently.
The victory in his 50th professional fight earned Mundine the biggest scalp of his career and the WBA International super welterweight title which took his ranking to 10th.
Wallabies vice-captain Cooper knocked out his first opponent on debut in February.
Cooper said he had not yet discussed his boxing plans with Queensland Rugby boss Jim Carmichael but said he had been given the green light to continue dabbling in the ring.
He hoped his second fight would not stop him from playing any of the Reds’ pre-season games.