Shane Mosley has declared he is going nowhere, guaranteed his rescheduled fight with Anthony Mundine will go ahead.
The American boxing great arrived in Sydney on Thursday for the November 27 bout, just over three weeks after walking away from the original event over unpaid fees worth an estimated $700,000.
But Mundine and his manager Khoder Nasser have since resurrected the fight, forking out more than $1 million to lure the former three-time world champion back to Australia and promote the bout themselves.
“It’s definitely happening,” Mosley said on Wednesday.
“(They’ve) put the full million dollars into the Escorial account and that means I’m going to be here to fight. I’m not walking away.
“I could’ve found any excuse in the world not to come back and fight. But you see, I’ve landed, I’m here and I’m ready to fight.
“I ain’t going nowhere.
“I can guarantee you the fight is going ahead.”
Mosley said fans shouldn’t blame himself or Mundine for the aborted fight, pointing the finger directly at then-promoter Vlad Warton.
“Whoever constructed the contract and the deal, messed up the deal,” he said.
“I like (Mundine) as a person, but in the boxing ring we’re enemies.
“And I’ve come here to knock him out.”
Mosley irked many Australian boxing fans when he labelled the local scene “behind the times” and “almost like the mafia days” upon his return to the US last month.
The 42-year-old, who was greeted by Nasser at the airport, stood by those comments on Thursday.
“I said that I believed the way the set-up was with the fighting, with the judging, it seemed kind of strange here,” he said.
“But this is what they’re telling me, I’m just regurgitating what’s been said to me.”
Asked if he was worried about problems with the judging for the new fight, Mosley said:
“No. “I’m not really looking to going to the scorecard, so it doesn’t really matter about the judges I guess.”