After what might have felt like the longest winter in history, summer is finally here.
It really is like a new beginning. The sun is shining and temperatures are rising.
No doubt the gyms are busier too, as people try to get beach ready. Because it is time to brush the dust off our cold weather habits and kick back into gear.
As well as getting fit, it’s time to do a wardrobe cull and take some tired old jumpers to the charity shop. A kitchen cleanout should be a priority too.
Did you know 75 per cent of people don’t clean their fridge regularly? This means they’re most definitely avoiding the mess that builds up, not to mention the out-of-date food we all somehow manage to accumulate.
Research actually shows that the average person is putting off an average of six chores at any time.
Here’s a fun game: Imagine your fridge right now, and guess the oldest thing in it that definitely should not be be there.
If nothing comes to mind, congratulations.
But it is entirely possible that you’ve forgotten about the spring onions that have liquified in the bottom of the crisper since a barbecue you had six weeks ago … we’re all guilty.
Today is the day to make sure your fridge muck-free, and vow to keep it that way.
By the way, Marley Spoon is proven to reduce your dinner food waste to zero … just saying.
Top mess-free fridge tips
- Wipe up spills immediately. Don’t leave that orange juice to fester.
- Scrub down the inside of your refrigerator (including shelves and drawers) using a clean sponge and warm soapy water. Rinse with clean water, then dry with paper towels or a clean cloth. Avoid using cleaners that might pass on taste to food or cause damage to surfaces.
- For a deep clean, take everything out, including food, shelves and drawers, and clean the inside thoroughly. This gives you a chance to throw away old food and start fresh.
- Hot tip for cleaning large shelves and drawers – use the bath or your shower. Get right in there, it’ll be worth it.
- Don’t hold onto half-used curry pastes or pesto jars for too long. If you haven’t used them in one to two months, they’ll be covered in bacteria and taste “meh” anyway. Marley Spoon gives you exact measures for your dinners, so this is no longer an issue for us,
- Frequently clean the refrigerator handle. That is the part of the fridge that gets touched countless times a day.
- Get rid of any smells between cleanings by putting an opened box of baking soda in the back of the refrigerator. Change the box every three months.
Try Marley Spoon today and save on time and money. Click the banner below for more information.