Terms & Conditions
Promoter: The New Daily Pty Ltd. ABN 19 150 202 109, Level 3, 124 Exhibition Street, Melbourne VIC 3000
Competition: The New Daily Presto Promotion
Entrants: Australian residents aged 18 years and over
Exclusions: Employees of Promoter and the suppliers and agencies associated with this Competition, and the immediate family of all such employees.
Entry Period: Starts at 09:00 hours AEST on Monday 21 September and ends at 23:59 hours AEST on Monday 23 November 2015.
Entry: 1. (a) Log on to http://thenewdaily.com.au/presto-competition and (b) fill in 25 word question;
Limit: One (1) entry per person for the duration of the promotion.
Prize Determination: 13:00 hours AEST on Wednesday 25 November 2015 at the offices of the Promoter.
Notification: By email within 4 business days from competition end date.
Claim Period: Within 2 weeks of the Prize Determination.
Unclaimed Prize Determination: 13:00 hours AEST on Monday 30 November 2015 at the offices of the Promoter. The Unclaimed Prize Winner will be notified by email within two days of the Unclaimed Prize Determination.
Prize: Win 1 of 10 x 6-month subscriptions to the Presto Entertainment (TV + Movies) pack and 1 month complimentary Presto Entertainment offer.
Total Prize Pool Value: $899.40
- Prize is as described above and no alterations can be made.
- Each Prize consists of one (1) subscription to the Presto Entertainment (TV + Movies) pack for six (6) months, valued at $89.94 (the “Subscription Credit”), plus one (1) month complimentary Presto Entertainment offer.
- Presto requires an internet connection, data and a compatible device.
- In the instance that a winner does not have an internet connection, data or compatible device, then that winner may choose to:
- transfer the Prize to a nominated person who is eligible to take the Prize; or
- forfeit the Prize, in which case the Prize will be awarded to another entrant in the competition.
- A winner who transfers or forfeits a Prize according to clause e) above will not receive a substitute prize or cash in lieu.
- A credit will be applied to the winner’s Presto account in the amount equivalent to the Subscription Credit. The Subscription Credit is non-refundable and not redeemable for cash.
- Once the Subscription Credit is insufficient to cover fees and charges, the winner will be responsible for all additional fees and charges.
- The winners are responsible for checking the amount of credit on their account.
- The winners must provide credit card details at the time of sign up.
- If for any reason a winner cancels their Presto subscription, any remaining Subscription Credit will be forfeited and cash will not be provided in lieu.
Winners who choose not to continue using the Presto Entertainment pack must cancel their subscription prior to the end of a subscribed month, otherwise that winner will incur ongoing subscription fees reflective of the Subscription Credit. 1. The promoter of the Competition is the Promoter.
2. By entering this Competition, Entrants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. Information on how to enter and prizes form part of these Terms and Conditions.
- Entry is open only to the Entrants, excluding the Exclusions.
4. This Competition will be conducted during the Entry Period. Entries must be received by the Promoter during the Entry Period. Entries received after the Entry Period will not count towards the Competition. The Promoter is not responsible for any late, lost or misdirected entries.
- To enter this Competition, Entrants must complete the Entry, subject to the Limit.
6. Entry to this Competition via the Website is free.
7. Entrants must personally and manually submit an Entry using an internet browser. The Promoter reserves the right to reject an Entry if it reasonably forms the opinion that an Entry has been created and/or submitted using automated entry means or a computer entry service.
8. To be eligible to win a prize in this Competition, an Entry must not: (a) infringe the intellectual property or other rights of a third party; (b) be incomplete or illegible; or (c) be unlawful, defamatory, abusive, insulting, threatening, obscene, inflammatory, offensive or otherwise contain content which, in the Promoter’s sole discretion, is inappropriate or objectionable.
9. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of an Entry and to disqualify an Entrant for tampering with the entry process or for submitting an Entry that does not, in the Promoter’s sole discretion, comply with these Terms and Conditions.
10. All Entries become the property of the Promoter.
HOW TO ENTER
- Entrants must provide a written response of 25 words or less to enter the competition.
12. Entrants must enter their name and email address to enter
13. Entrants must follow the prompts to the Presto page and sign up for the complimentary 1 month Presto Entertainment trial
- Each Winner will be notified in accordance with the Notification.
15. Each Winner must claim the Prize within the Claim Period. The Promoter will not be responsible for any delay, loss or damage to the Prize once it has left the Promoter’s or supplier’s premises.
16. If a Winner is unable to comply with these Terms and Conditions and/or does not claim the Prize within the Claim Period, the Promoter may conduct such further draws on 30 November 2015 at the same time and place if the prize has been unclaimed by the original winner.
- The prize consists of one (1) 6-month subscription to the Presto Entertainment (TV + Movies) pack and one (1) month complimentary Presto Entertainment offer. 18. The competition is only available to new Presto subscribers only
19. Each Winner’s use of the Prize is subject to the Prize Conditions and additional terms and conditions imposed by the supplier(s) of the Prize (if any), with which each Winner must comply.
20. Each Prize is not transferable and not redeemable for cash or other goods or services. Each Prize must be taken as a whole and as stated in these Terms and Conditions. No alternative will be provided and no compensation will be payable if a Winner is unable to use the Prize.
21. The value of the Prize is the recommended retail price as provided by the supplier (inclusive of GST) and is correct as at the start of the Competition.
22. If a Prize becomes unavailable for any reason, the Promoter, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to substitute the Prize with a prize of equal or greater value and/or specification.
- If an Entrant’s contact details changes between the date of entry and the Unclaimed Prize Determination, the Entrant must notify the Promoter of his/her updated contact details.
24. The Entrant must continue to be an existing subscriber of The New Daily at time of prize allocation to qualify for the prize.
25. The Promoter is bound by the Privacy Act 1988. Entrants’ personal information will be collected by or on behalf of the Promoter to enable it to conduct the Competition, publicise the name of the Winners and where Entrants have consented to the receipt of marketing, advertising and promotional material from the Promoter or any third parties assisting the Promoter in conducting the Competition, send Entrants marketing, advertising and promotional material.
26. Entrants’ personal information may be disclosed to third parties who assist the Promoter in conducting this Competition, including regulatory authorities, entities which supply and deliver the Prizes to the Winners, and marketing and communications agencies.
27. Each Winner’s name will be published and retained as required by relevant legislation and as specified in these Terms and Conditions.
28. Entrants can contact the Promoter by mail at Level 3, 124 Exhibition Street, Melbourne VIC 3000 or by telephone on (03) 9037 7900, to request access to, or corrections of, the Entrant’s personal information held by the Promoter.
29. Each Winner consents to the Promoter’s use of the Winner’s name, likeness, image, picture, voice, statements, testimonials or quotations for promotional, marketing and publicity purposes in any media worldwide, without any fee being paid to the Winner.
RISK AND LIABILITY
- Each Winner participates in this Competition, and uses the Prize, at his or her own risk.
31. The Promoter, its related bodies corporate and the suppliers, agencies and other companies involved in this Competition assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, defect, delay in operation or transmission, or loss or damage to data.
32. If this Competition is not capable of running as planned for any reason (including as a result of technical failures, fraud or causes beyond the Promoter’s control), the Promoter may, in its sole discretion, cancel, suspend or change the Competition and re-commence it on similar terms, subject to any directions by regulatory authorities.
33. To the fullest extent permitted by law, the Promoter, its related bodies corporate and their respective officers, directors, employees and agents exclude liability for all loss (including loss of data, unauthorised access to data and consequential loss), damage, expenses, death or personal injury suffered or incurred arising out of, or in connection with, this Competition (including in relation to a Winner’s participation in this Competition and use of the Prize).
34. This is a game of skill so no permit is required.