News World Two men arrested after stabbing at Sony Music headquarters in London

Two men arrested after stabbing at Sony Music headquarters in London

Police evacuate the headquarters of Sony Music in London after a stabbing incident. Photo: Getty
Twitter Facebook Reddit Pinterest Email

Sony Music employees were forced to flee the record label’s London headquarters after a stabbing incident between two employees.

Two men with stab wounds were arrested by police after they were involved in a “violent altercation” shortly on Saturday (about 11am on Friday local time), a Sony spokesman said.

According to The Guardian UK, the men worked in catering at the record label’s Kensington headquarters.

Footage from the scene showed dozens of police cars surrounding the building and armed police storming Sony Music’s offices before employees were forced to evacuate.

Both employees were arrested on suspicion of causing grievous bodily harm before they were taken to hospital.

According to witness accounts, employees could hear screaming before they started running from the building.

“We just heard screaming and running and people slamming doors,” one employee told The Guardian.

Sony’s London office is opposite the headquarters of media organisations including the Daily Mail, The Independent and Metro.

Initial reports from the scene suggested a man with a machete had stormed the building, prompting fears the attack may have been terror-related.

Journalist Simon Neville was outside Sony’s office when the commotion broke out.

“Everybody starting pouring out and running towards the square around the back,” he told The Guardian.

“Then I saw a young, white man with a red jacket being tackled by the security guards by the loading bay on Derry Street.

“He was shouting at them to get off. Once he was tackled, they started bringing the shutters down. He has now been led away by the police.”

Neither of the men suffered life-threatening injuries, according to Scotland Yard police.

Ebony Bowden contributed reporting from New York City.