News World Aussie dad and his son electrocuted in Thailand

Aussie dad and his son electrocuted in Thailand

Thailand pool
A man and his 10-year-old son have died in a tragic incident in Thailand while repairing a pool pump. Photo: Getty
Share
Twitter Facebook Reddit Pinterest Email

An Australian dad and his 10-year-old son have been electrocuted while trying to repair a pool pump at their home in Thailand.

Local media reports say police found the bodies of Andrew Fenwick, 66, and his son Jason, near the pump in a storage room at their home in the Muang district of Rayong province on Monday afternoon.

Mr Fenwick was still clutching a spanner in his right hand, while Jason’s left hand was gripping an iron gate, police told the Chiangrai Times.

Andrew Fenwick thailand
Andrew Fenwick lived and worked in Thailand. Photo: LinkedIn

The boy had burns on his hand, body and face.

Deputy investigation inspector Captain Kaweewuth Boonruang said it was believed Mr Fenwick was electrocuted while fixing the pump.

His son suffered the same fate after being struck by an electric current as he ran through a puddle on the floor.

Mr Fenwick’s wife Somrudi Krailob Fenwick was not at home at the time and was alerted by neighbours.

Police were called to the house after Mr Fenwick’s distressed youngest son, Justin, 4, was found crying by a guard at the housing complex where they lived.

– AAP