Prosecutors are pressing ahead with the murder allegation against Australian woman Sara Connor over the death of local police officer Wayan Sudarsa.
The mother of two could face trial as early as next month after prosecutors accepted the police case against her and her British boyfriend David Taylor this week.
The pair are set to face charges of murder, use of violence causing death, and assault that caused death.
“We are convinced that we can prove it in court,” Chief of General Crime at Denpasar District Attorney, Ketut Maha Agung told reporters on Tuesday.
The earliest date they would face trial would be next month, he added.
Earlier, head of Denpasar District Attorney Erna Normawati Widodo said the police dossier against the pair had been completed and that they had sent a letter to the police investigator to enable them to be handed over to prosecutors.
This means Connor and Taylor will be moved from Denpasar Police Station where they have been held since their August 19 arrest.
It is likely they will be sent to the notorious Kerobokan prison.
The completion of the police case comes almost two months after Mr Sudarsa’s bloodied body was discovered covered in sand on the popular Kuta Beach in the early hours of August 17.
Police say the pair went to Kuta Beach on the night of August 16 where they had been “intimate”.
Connor then lost her purse, sparking Taylor to confront Mr Sudarsa about the misplaced item.
A scuffle allegedly ensued in which police say Taylor hit Mr Sudarsa with several items, including a two-way radio and a beer bottle.
They allege Connor also became involved and that Mr Sudarsa bit her on the thigh.
She maintains she was only trying to separate the pair.
Leaving Mr Sudarsa lying motionless on the sand, Connor and Taylor initially went back to their hotel.
In the days following they burnt their clothes and dumped a number of the police officer’s personal items, including his handphone.
It’s not yet known when they are expected to be moved to Kerobokan jail.