French police claim to have thwarted another terrorist attack, this time in the city of Orleans.
Interior Minister Bernard Cazeneuve said on Wednesday morning (AEDT) that two French citizens were being held for questioning.
“A planned attack targeting representatives of state forces in the Orleans region was foiled last week by the DGSI [France’s internal intelligence agency],” Mr Cazeneuve said, according to the ABC.
The men, aged 24 and 20, were reportedly detained on December 19 on suspicion of plotting to attack French police officers and soldiers.
The suspects, from Morocco and Togo, may have been conspiring with another man thought to be living in Syria, with whom they were allegedly in contact, according to reports in French media.
The Interior Minister claimed that authorities had thwarted 10 attacks this year in France.
The city of Orleans is approximately 110 kilometres southwest of the capital of Paris, where Islamic terrorists killed 130 people in a series of coordinated attacks in early November.