A third man charged over the fatal drive-by shooting outside Melbourne’s Love Machine nightclub will be “vulnerable” in custody, a court has been told.
Allan Fares, 22, appeared in Melbourne Magistrates Court for a filing hearing on Tuesday after police swooped on a home in Preston just before 7am on Wednesday.
Fares has been charged with two counts of murder and three counts of attempted murder, following the deaths of Aaron Khalid Osmani, 37, and Richard Arow, 28, on April 14.
The men were killed outside the Prahran nightclub in a drive-by shooting, which also injured four others.
A defence lawyer told the court Fares was young and would be vulnerable in custody.
Dressed in a white T-shirt and sporting a trimmed black beard, Fares was remanded in custody and did not apply for bail.
He waved to loved ones as he was escorted from the court following the brief hearing.
Co-accused Jacob Elliott, 18, and Moussa Hamka, 25, appeared in court earlier this week and will appear for a committal mention on November 18 alongside Fares.
Elliott, of Bundoora, is charged with two counts of murder and three counts of attempted murder.
Hamka, of Epping, is charged with impeding the apprehension, prosecution, conviction or punishment of a person he knew to be guilty of a serious offence.
He is also charged with being a prohibited person to possess a firearm.