A bushfire north of Adelaide that has killed at least two people has been contained, according to the Country Fire Service.
The huge blaze injured several people, five who remain in a critical condition, and flattened 16 houses and 22 “significant buildings”.
Yesterday, the man who lost his life fighting the fires was named as Allan Tiller, 69, from Pinery.
A woman, 56, also died as the fire swept through the lower northern region of South Australia.
The blaze, known as the Pinery fire, was earlier downgraded from a watch and act warning to an advice message overnight.
The CFS has told residents to survey their properties for any embers that still may be alight.
Fire crews including CFS, MFS and Victorian resources spent the night on the fire ground monitoring flare ups.
— Loukas Founten (@loukasfounten) November 26, 2015
Hay sheds in Freeling and Roseworthy are still burning.
Farmer Ben Kemp said his property near Roseworthy had been lucky, despite being battered.
“We are all still here. We haven’t lost any houses or anything. We have just lost the hay shed there with 1,000 bales of new season’s hay,” Mr Kemp said.
“We were lucky to save a couple hundred round bales which we had stacked elsewhere.”
SA Premier Jay Weatherill said relief grants would be available – up to $280 in cash per adult and $140 per child to a maximum on $700 per family.
– with ABC