A visitor to Australia Zoo is recovering after being bitten by a wild snake.
The woman, aged in her 20s, was taken to Caloundra Hospital on Monday afternoon, the Queensland Ambulance Service said.
The zoo confirmed the guest accidentally stood on a wild snake in the wetlands area of the park.
“The snake was identified as a green tree snake, which are a common occurrence in the wetlands, as it is the perfect environment for their favourite food, frogs,” the zoo said in a statement.
Green tree snakes are not venomous, but first-aid protocol was followed, the zoo added.
“This is the only time a guest has been bitten by a snake at Australia Zoo in our 46-year history.”
— Australia Zoo (@AustraliaZoo) January 2, 2017