News State QLD News Fire-breather rushed to hospital

Fire-breather rushed to hospital

fire breather
Getty
Share
Twitter Facebook Reddit Pinterest Email

A man was taken to hospital in an induced coma after a fire-breathing performance went wrong on Sunday.

The 20-year-old man was performing at Justin’s Park on Goodwin Terrace in Burleigh Heads, on Queensland’s Gold Coast.

• Fake bomb on flight forces emergency landing
• Firefighters cheat death, wedding abandoned
• Crews work to contain Victorian bushfire

Paramedics were called about 7.50pm to treat the man for minor burns to his airway after he attempted to “spit and ignite kerosene”, but was believed to have failed to spit it out, a Queensland Ambulance Service spokesman told The New Daily.

He was taken to Gold Coast University Hospital in an induced coma, but in a stable condition.

Two Gold Coast ambulance crews attended the scene, including critical care paramedics.

The park was a popular community gathering place on Sunday night, famous for fire performers and bongo players who got together each week.

The man’s condition on Monday was not known and the Gold Coast University Hospital was contacted for comment.

Comments
View Comments