News State QLD News More bans in live baiting scandal
Updated:

More bans in live baiting scandal

Share
Twitter Facebook Reddit Pinterest Email

Another 14 Queenslanders embroiled in greyhound racing’s live baiting scandal have been banned from the sport.

Racing Queensland announced on Tuesday the bans had been dished out after the 14 licensees were previously issued with show cause notices as to why they should not be warned off.

Entire greyhound racing board resigns in Victoria
• Five Queensland greyhound trainers banned for life
• Live bait allegations hit greyhound racing

Queensland All Codes Racing Industry Board Chairman Kevin Dixon said after considering submissions, the board decided to ban the individuals because their conduct meant they were no longer welcome at Queensland racetracks.

“We made it clear at the outset that we would ensure those who have engaged in illegal conduct will be removed from the industry, and those warned off today will no longer be permitted to be part of the industry in any capacity,” Mr Dixon said in a statement.

Those individuals have been notified of the decision and their right to appeal.

Greyhounds that belong to them have been disqualified from competition and will be required to undertake three supervised trials in order to return to racing.

A total of 20 trainers have now been banned as a result of the ongoing investigation into live baiting practices.

INDIVIDUALS WARNED OFF FOR LIVE BAITING:
• Michael Campbell
• Donald Peter May
• Patricia Comley
• Gregory Paull
• Russell Druery
• John Pollock
• Julie Edmondson
• Samantha Roberts
• Raymond Gatti
• Peter Roy
• Tracy Kunde
• John Thompson
• Raymond Knudsen
• Craig Wright

Comments
View Comments