Power will soon be restored to all central Queensland homes affected by Cyclone Marcia, as the clean-up continues.
The remaining 181 houses will have power by the end of Monday – either by being reconnected to the grid or having a generator, Ergon Energy says.
The National Retail Association says householders who went without power after the February 21 cyclone will be provided with extra food vouchers.
• Cyclone Marcia looter in custody
• Thieves snatch generators in cyclone-hit Rockhampton
• The ‘forgotten town’ devastated by Cyclone Marcia
• Small Qld towns reel from Cyclone Marcia
• Marcia leaves her impression
”In the midst of all the chaos we would like to at least see people able to fill their fridges and feed their families,” CEO Trevor Evans said.
“(It) will go a long way in helping victims cope with the mammoth recovery task that lies ahead.”
The Insurance Council of Australia says more than 13,000 claims have been lodged in the aftermath of the category five cyclone, with estimated insurance losses of $83.5 million.