News Queensland Two men charged with beating, torturing over months
Updated:

Two men charged with beating, torturing over months

Police have established a crime scene where the man was shot.
The man was reportedly assaulted and held against his will for a "number of months". Photo: Getty
Share
Tweet Share Reddit Pin Email

Two Queensland men charged with torture after an injured man fled to a police station and told officers he’d been held for months against his will have been remanded in custody.

Neither Onshow Vaafusuaga, 20, and Rongotitiro Cecil, 23, appeared at Beenleigh Magistrates Court on Monday after being charged with holding the man.

Both men have been charged with one count each of torture and acts intended to cause grievous bodily harm to the man, understood to have been a housemate of one of the men.

They have been remanded in custody and will next appear via video-link at the same court on April 18.

The pair was charged after a 25-year-old man went to Beenleigh police station on Sunday afternoon to report having been assaulted and held against his will for a “number of months”.

The man told police he’d endured a long and violent ordeal at a property in the Logan suburb of Kingston, south of Brisbane.

He was then taken to Princess Alexandra Hospital in Brisbane’s inner south with cuts and bruises.

Officers said it appeared the man had been beaten around the head, but his injuries were not life-threatening.

The circumstances of the man’s escape remain unknown.

One of the two men charged over the incident allegedly lived with the victim and were housemates.