Peter Gordon, who is acting for the 17-year-old pro bono, said all of the donations collected through a fundraising page set up to cover the teen’s legal fees would go to victims of the Christchurch terror attack.
The page raised more than $57,000 by 2.30pm, Tuesday.
“[He] is committed that every cent of the money raised from the GoFundMe page go to support victims of the tragedy in Christchurch,” Mr Gordon said.
Mr Gordon said the teenager was cooperating with police and would speak to officers later today.
Police are investigating the incident – which took place on Saturday at a political meeting in Moorabbin, in Melbourne’s south-east – “in its entirety”, including the actions of the teen, Senator Anning and others.
But Mr Gordon said his client did not wish to take any action against the senator or his supporters.
“He’s considered his position fully and he has no plans to make complaints or take any action of his own of a legal nature,” he said.
Mr Gordon said the teen wanted to thank Victoria Police for their handling of the matter, including their response to the incident on Saturday and the support they had provided to him and his family since.
“To use [his] words, the police have been awesome,” Mr Gordon said.
Mr Gordon would not say whether his client had received threats since the incident, but thanked police and his school for their efforts to keep him safe.
“As you can imagine, the last few days have been pretty tough for [him] and his family,” he said.
He said the teen had been “overwhelmed” with messages of support from across Australia and around the world, the overwhelming majority of which had expressed “support and love”.
He said while the teen and his family may wish to tell their story in the future, for the moment they were asking the media to respect their privacy.
Mr Gordon said a number of social media accounts which had emerged in recent days in his client’s name were not operated by the teen, who he said would not be posting on social media anytime soon.