More than 100 organisations have not yet joined Australia’s redress scheme for victims of institutional child abuse and have now been revealed online.
The federal government has published the names of the institutions, along with those that have signed up.
Social Services Minister Paul Fletcher says the decision to name the institutions will provide transparency for abuse survivors considering applying for redress payments.
“While this published list covers institutions named by the royal commission, there are likely to be other institutions which were not named where abuse occurred,” Mr Fletcher said on Thursday.
“And the government also expects these institutions to join the scheme.”
A number of organisations on the list are expected to join the scheme throughout this year, but Mr Fletcher is calling on all of them to sign up.
It was last week revealed 51 Australians have received payments through the scheme, receiving on average $79,035.
There were 14 payments up to $50,000, 34 payments between $50,000 and $100,000 and fewer than 10 payments up to $150,000.
Another 31 people are considering a payment offer, which they have six months to do.
The scheme can offer counselling, a direct response from responsible institutions and a redress payment.
The relevant institution must have joined the scheme for an application to be processed.