NSW police have confirmed five men have been arrested in relation to Friday’s fatal shooting at Parramatta’s police headquarters.
Police said the raids began at 6am Wednesday on properties in Guildford, Wentworthville, Merrylands and Marsfield.
“The five men have been taken into custody/detained and will taken to various police stations were they will be interviewed in relation to Friday’s shooting,” a NSW police statement said.
On Friday, Farad Jabar, 15, shot dead police worker Curtis Cheng, 58, out the front of police HQ in Parramatta.
Jabar was killed by police shortly after.
The men arrested included a 16-year-old, an 18-year-old, two 22-year-olds and a 24-year-old.
— Rachel Pupazzoni (@RachelPupazzoni) October 6, 2015
On Tuesday, a 17-year-old boy was arrested and charged on the way to his school in Sydney’s west for allegedly posting threats to police on social media.
The boy attended the same school as the Parramatta shooter.
The raids were co-ordinated between Australian Federal Police, the terror squad and the homicide squad, according to police.
News Corp reported Wednesday’s operation in Wentworthville targeted home of a man who had been probed by police for possible Islamic State ties.
The same man was targeted in last year’s massive terror raids. He was one of the men arrested this morning.
It is reported relatives of this man attended the Arthur Phillip High school in Parramatta with Jabar and the 17 year-old-boy arrested on Tuesday.
One man who remains detained on the street is a teenage brother of one of the arrested men.
He is being questioned by police.