News National Operator cancels ‘horrendous’ Ivan Milat ghost tours
Updated:

Operator cancels ‘horrendous’ Ivan Milat ghost tours

Backpacker murderer Ivan Milat told detectives he wouldn't reveal any information about his crimes even if they 'put a blowtorch' to his ears or eyes.
Share
Twitter Facebook Reddit Pinterest Email

The company behind guided ghost tours of the forest where serial killer Ivan Milat buried his victims in southern New South Wales has cancelled future tours after a community backlash.

NSW Premier Mike Baird had described the “extreme terror tours” through the Belanglo State Forest as horrendous and questioned whether they were operating without the necessary permit.

Supporters of victims of crime also criticised the impact on victims’ families.

Victims slam ‘insensitive’ Ivan Milat terror tours
Payout for Carl Williams’ child

Goulburn Ghost Tours volunteer Louise Edwards confirmed on Tuesday night the Belanglo Forest ghost tours previously advertised had been halted and would not be replaced.

“From here on in, we will not be running Belanglo tours,” she told Channel Ten’s The Project.

The Goulburn Ghost Tours has been running the late-night tours through the forest since June.

Its website had advertised the tours, saying “Come with us to Belanglo where Ivan Milat buried the bodies of his victims”.

“Once you enter Belanglo State Forest you may never come out.”

The website said the tour included “paranormal equipment and training”, snacks and billy tea.

However the company’s website and Facebook page have now been removed.

Previously Mr Baird said operating tours in NSW state forests required a permit but it was unlikely to be issued for the events described.

“I have been advised they haven’t yet sought a permit but if they do, they won’t be getting one, and if they operate illegally they will face the full force of the law,” he said.

“It’s not only in bad taste, it’s just terrible. Horrendous.”

Comments
View Comments