News National Police interview reunited mum and daughter

Police interview reunited mum and daughter

Chloe Campbell
Twitter Facebook Reddit Pinterest Email

Police trying to unravel the mysterious disappearance and return of Chloe Campbell are interviewing the three-year-old Childers girl and her mother.

Chloe was reported abducted from her southeast Queensland family home, where she had been sleeping in the lounge room, on Thursday morning, sparking a huge police hunt.

But 42 hours after she went missing, police found her early on Saturday morning in the town’s showgrounds across the road from her home.

A Queensland police spokesman said detectives would interview Chloe and her mother Tammy O’Donnell at Childers police station on Saturday morning.

Ms O’Donnell rushed to her daughter at the Bundaberg Base Hospital, hours after making a tearful plea for Chloe to be returned.

“(I’m) over the world; there is no other word to really describe how I’m feeling, just overjoyed,” she told reporters.

She said she cuddled her daughter, who came through her ordeal physically fine but “really tired”.

“I was just in tears. I didn’t care if she woke up or not and then I just laid on the bed with her and gave her cuddles for a while and then we just came home to let everyone know,” the mother of four said.

“She opened her eyes a little bit and (said) ‘Mummy want to go home now’ and passed out.”




Earlier, Inspector Kevin Guteridge said Chloe appeared at the showgrounds “quite randomly” about 1am on Saturday and investigators would consider if she had just wandered off.

“We have no idea as to how she came to be here. We are looking at every aspect of that and maintaining a very open mind,” he told reporters in Childers.

“It’s an absolute miracle that she has returned to us.

“It’s one of those dreams that came true … the greatest possible outcome for everyone.”

Premier Campbell Newman said he was relieved Chloe had been safely found and returned to her family.

“It was very heartening to hear that this morning,” he told reporters in Cairns.

Investigations are continuing, with police focused on the circumstances surrounding her disappearance.