News National Aussie ‘violently ill’ from same restaurant as Bali deaths
Updated:

Aussie ‘violently ill’ from same restaurant as Bali deaths

Bali deaths
AAP
Share
Twitter Facebook Reddit Pinterest Email

Melbourne man Heath Barclay rushed to hospital after suddenly coming down with food poisoning after eating at the same restaurant as Noelene and Yvana Bischoff a day after they died.

Mr Barclay told Channel 9 he fell suddenly ill five hours after eating a ham pizza from the restaurant. He had severe stomach cramps and diarrhea when he found out about the tragic deaths from a Facebook friend.

“I then check the net and to my horror I had eaten at the same place and had fallen violently ill,” Mr Barclay told Ninemsn.

“With the police [crime scene] tape in full view of my room at the hotel it was a living hell – I thought I could be next.”

He took himself to the Denpasar hospital and was put on a drip for nine hours.

“I was blood tested and told I had severe dehydration and a bacterial infection from food,” he said.

“I don’t really know what would have happened if I didn’t go to hospital. If it was the same thing, I can’t imagine how terrible it would have been for a 14-year-old girl.”

The cause of the Bischoff’s death has yet to be determined with an investigation underway.