South Australia has reported another 24 COVID-19 cases with authorities confirming six cases of the Omicron variant have been detected since its arrival last week.
Thursday’s tally follows the 25 new infections on Wednesday which was the state’s highest daily number for more than 18 months.
SA has 108 active infections, with 67 being managed at home and 39 in hotel quarantine.
The remaining two, a man his 60s and a man in his 30s, remain in hospital in a stable condition.
The state also has a growing list of exposure sites with a number of restaurants and cafes, a gym and the Adelaide Magistrates Court added on Thursday.
But no positive cases have been detected either in the state’s Indigenous APY lands or within a group of Adelaide nursing homes at the centre of an alert earlier this week.
More than 20 homes were visited by two health workers who subsequently tested positive.
While in the state’s north, concerns were raised over the APY lands after COVID-19 was detected in wastewater sampling.
However, Premier Steven Marshall said it had been confirmed there were no positive cases there and he had not been instructed of any infections among nursing home residents.
The premier said he was also not concerned about the Ashes Test at Adelaide Oval, which kicked off on Thursday, becoming a super spreader event.
“We’ve taken very good precautions. Every single person who goes to the Ashes will be vaccinated,” he said.
Mr Marshall said the total number of coronavirus cases in SA since the state opened its borders last month remained at the lower end of projections.
The state’s vaccination rate continues to creep up, with SA Health reporting 85.3 per cent of those aged 12 and over were double-dosed.