News Guy Sebastian’s ex-manager’s trial delayed
Updated:
Live

Guy Sebastian’s ex-manager’s trial delayed

Sebastian
Guy Sebastian said there were lots of emotions in his final meeting with his manager. Photo: AAP
Share
Twitter Facebook Reddit Pinterest Email
Live

Pop star Guy Sebastian is due to resume his evidence on Monday after his former manager’s embezzlement trial was delayed due to the judge becoming ill.

The NSW District Court jury was told on Thursday that Judge Peter Zahra had been taken ill and the trial was adjourned to Monday.

Titus Emanuel Day, 49, has pleaded not guilty to 50 charges including fraudulently embezzling money allegedly owed to Sebastian through royalties and performance fees.

He also denies 50 alternative counts of larceny, or stealing.

Sebastian began his evidence on Wednesday, telling the jury his former manager promised him a stake in his company after becoming the foundation client, before embezzling almost $900,000 from him.

The Crown alleges that Day – who managed Sebastian via his company 6 Degrees between 2009 and 2017 – embezzled the money between 2013 and 2020.

But Day’s barrister told the jury his client has an answer to every single charge and suggested the authorities may have been seduced by the singer’s high profile.

– AAP