The simple honesty of hewn wood. The strength and endurance of homespun wool and the lip coating kiss of buttermilk. Like the land, the objects we touch and tend to are true, raw and unembellished. Rough and textured, a path is carved and our roots sink deep into this earth. This is a story of bare truth.
Our colour picks from the forecast are:
- Warmer whites – Forget ‘Vivid White’ and ‘Lexicon White’, look for whites with warmer tints.
- Muted light blues – This will be the colour for the daring decorator, but it must be used in the right way. Forget the feature wall, paint the skirting, walls and ceiling in this muted blue or even an L-shaped section of the room i.e. where two walls meet, go big and go very bold. Remember that this may require you to edit your decor.
- Light greys – This colour will be a huge trend in flooring, think engineered hardwood floors with washes of grey. It’s very Nordic, and very warm. The light greys will also predominate in fabrics for curtains, furniture and other soft furnishings. It’s all about a return to a muted and coordinated palette. Our prediction is that ‘pop’ colours for cushions on the couch is ‘oh so 2012′!
- Creams – Think leather! We love high light furniture pieces upholstered in cream leather. The perfect power object in the room, but remember not to over do it, just the highlight piece NOT the full sofa!
- Blue Greys – These colours, often woven with whites and darker tones, will be used in materials for bench tops, upholstered panels and window furnishings. Add texture and a point of interest with these colours.
- Woods – Raw woods for occasional chairs, tables and other pieces of joinery will really comtemporise your home.
For more information on Colourways, visit their website.