The Voice winner’s announcement failed to be the number one show on Monday night.
The crowning of Anja Nissen on the Nine Network series attracted an audience of 1.578 million to be the second most watched program.
The Voice Grand Final, which is the bulk of the reality show’s mammoth 150 minute episode, was the number one show with 1.663 million viewers.
As is the norm with reality show grand finals, the episode is split into two segments, the grand final and winner announcement, for ratings purposes.
The overnight OzTAm ratings show viewing numbers dipped instead of spiking for Nissen’s win.
Nine News was the third most watched program for the night with 1.287 viewers tuning in.
MasterChef on Network Ten attracted 1.165 viewers, placing the reality cooking show seventh overall.
MOST WATCHED SHOW ON MONDAY
1. The Voice Grand Final (Nine) – 1.663 million
2. The Voice Grand Final – Winner Announced (Nine) – 1.578 million
3. Nine News (Nine) – 1.287 million
4. Nine News 6.30pm (Nine) – 1.209 million
5. Seven News (Seven) – 1.199 million
6. A Current Affair (Nine) -1.172 million
7. MasterChef – (Ten) – 1.165 million
8. Seven News/Today Tonight (Seven) – 1.101 million
9. Home And Away (Seven) – 939,000
10. ABC News (ABC1) – 831,000
* Source OzTAM