Reality cooking series MasterChef could be leading a Network Ten resurgence after it recorded its best ratings for the year.
MasterChef was the second most watched show on OzTAM’s overnight ratings with 1.215 million viewers and was not too far off Nine News (1.250 million) which won the night.
The ratings for MasterChef have increased by more than 20 per cent in 2104 compared to last year when it was in a ratings spiral and there were predictions the show would be axed.
Instead, it’s been a success for Ten and also rating well for the station is its locally made drama Offspring which was sixth with 981,000 viewers.
The future of Offspring is in limbo because Ten is yet to announce if it will return in 2015.
It means viewers are unsure if they’re watching a farewell series or not.
Ten’s new game show Family Feud returned respectable numbers but was well down in the placings.
The third episode of the relaunched game show was 20th with an audience of 657,000.
Most watched shows on Wednesday
1. Nine News (Nine)- 1.250 million
2. MasterChef (Ten) – 1.215 million
3. Nine News 6.30pm (Nine) – 1.139 million
4. Seven News (Seven) – 1.135 million
5. Seven News/Today Tonight (Seven) – 1.124 million
6. Offspring (Ten) – 981,000
7. A Current Affair (Nine) – 970,000
8. The Force – Behind The Line (Seven) – 919,000
9. Home And Away (Seven) – 903,000
10. Highway Patrol (Seven) – 903,000
20.Family Feud (Ten) – 657,000
* Source OzTAM