Boxing Day isn’t the only time you can cash in on shopping bargains – it turns out June is just as good a month for some frugal retail therapy.
“Retailers all have products left on their shelf, even if they’re the best buyers in the world,” Russell Zimmerman, executive director of the Australian Retailers Association, tells The New Daily.
“These are very important times. In late June, early July retailers will start to receive spring/summer stock so you need to make room for those products … this is an opportunity to move that product off the shelf.”
Myer anticipates that more than one million customers will visit a store on the first day of the Myer Stocktake Sale, with more than 14 million coming through for the entire period.
And the crowds aren’t just of the bricks and mortar variety; a study of more than 30 leading Australian brands and 10 million online shopping visits revealed that online sales increased by almost 23 per cent from May to June 2014.
Here’s how to get in on the action:
• The Myer Multi-Million Dollar Fashion Clearance starts Tuesday June 2 online, and in store Wednesday June 3.
• You’ll find discounts of up to 50 per cent off on women’s, men’s and children’s clothing and fashion accessories.
• On Wednesday June 10 the Myer Stocktake Sale starts with discounts of up to 75 per cent on cosmetics, homewares, small appliances and intimate apparel.
• David Jones’ Half Yearly Clearance Sale starts Tuesday June 2.
• Discounts of up to 50 per cent storewide will include current season fashion, shoes, accessories and homewares.
• Stores will be open nationwide with extended trading hours to at least 9pm, some even later.
• The furniture, homeware and bedding store has already kicked off its Half Year Sale in store and online.
• Until June 30 you can pick up sofas, dining tables, storage units and a lot more for heavily-reduced prices across their range.
• In store and online Witchery’s mid year sale is on now with discounts of up to 50 per cent on Men’s, Women’s and children’s clothing.
• Every online order over $200 gets free shipping.
• Sales online and in store now on footy boots, golf and tennis gear, women’s clothing, heart rate monitors and a selected range of runners.
• Savings range from 25 to 50 per cent off.
• Up to 50 per cent off on a range of items covering women’s and men’s clothing, shoes and accessories.
• Receive a $10 voucher when you sign up to the newsletter and shipping is free for anything over $50.
• Gazman are offering 30 per cent off all their woollen jumpers. You can also get 30 per cent off scarves and savings on jackets, shirts and pants ending Monday June 8.
• Online and in store there’s free shipping on orders over $200.
• Target’s sale features up to 50 per cent off in store and online on women’s, men’s, children’s and baby clothing plus homewares, toys and entertainment products.
• Forty per cent off on a range of Bonds underwear too. There’s no lay-by, no rain checks and the sale ends while stocks lasts.
• Until June 30 the entertainment retailer is offering ‘Tax Time Deals’ on electronics, computers, tablets, TVs and security equipment.
• Ray’s have a ‘Mega Clearance’ sale on right now in store and online. It’s happening while stock lasts.
• An end of season sale with up to 50 per cent off on quilts, sheets, towels, linen and accessories.
• Twenty per cent off on selected styles or buy two pairs of shoes and get 30 per cent off.
• Thirty per cent off boots.
• Online sale on women’s, men’s, children’s and baby clothing and footwear.
• Sale on Cotton On Body, Rubi Shoes and Typo.
• Mid-year sale with up to 50 per cent off gifts and stationary.
• While stocks last in store and online.