Ozzy Osbourne has cancelled a string of tour dates while he recovers from pneumonia, according to his official Twitter account.
A tweet posted on Tuesday morning said planned performances in Australia, New Zealand and Japan have been axed.
According to his website, the heavy metal star was due to play shows in Sydney, Melbourne, Christchurch, Auckland and Chiba in March.
Announcing the cancellations, the 70-year-old’s Twitter account attributed a quote to wife Sharon that said: “Ozzy recently developed pneumonia & has spent some time in hospital. He is through the worst part.
“His doctors have advised that he stay at home to recuperate for full 6 weeks.”
Ozzy has announced the cancelation of shows in Australia, New Zealand & Japan. “Ozzy recently developed pneumonia & has spent some time in hospital. He is through the worst part,” says @SharonOsbourne. “His doctors have advised that he stay at home to recuperate for full 6 weeks”
— Ozzy Osbourne (@OzzyOsbourne) February 19, 2019
Earlier this month Sharon revealed that Osbourne had been admitted to hospital after suffering from flu.
He experienced “complications” from the illness, she said, and doctors advised him to go to hospital.
The former Black Sabbath star, a Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame inductee, was forced to postpone the UK and European legs of his No More Tours 2 tour after taking advice from doctors.
He had been suffering from flu and was diagnosed with a severe upper-respiratory infection, according to a January 29 statement on his website.
Doctors feared the infection could develop into pneumonia had he toured, the statement added.