Val Kilmer has confirmed he is hospitalised and awaiting medical results, but the US actor says he has no tumour and hasn’t had surgery.
In a message on his Facebook page, the 55-year-old Kilmer said he was in UCLA Medical Center’s intensive care for a “complication.”
“We are waiting for X-ray results and will stay close to my doctors advising, my family and Christian Science practitioner when all the facts are in,” he said in the Facebook post.
“Then I’ll do what’s best and be back at it sooner than u can shake a gossip column at an out of work actor.”
Earlier on Saturday, his publicist, Liz Rosenberg, confirmed his hospitalisation.
She said the tests were for a possible tumour and that his two adult children were caring for him at the hospital. Rosenberg confirmed his Facebook post late Saturday night.
Kilmer thanked fans for their support and told them not to worry.
“Friends have assisted who know my spiritual convictions and have been most sensitive and kind for the extra effort in making sure there’s minimum gossip and silly talk,” he said.
Kilmer is known for roles in movies ranging from Top Gun to Heat to Tombstone.