Hollywood’s most outspoken celebrity Chrissy Teigen has called out Meghan Markle’s father after his latest public rant.
The model and cookbook author, who was blocked on Twitter last July by Donald Trump for her forthright views, was stung by Thomas Markle’s interview with The Mail on Sunday.
Among claims that had Teigen reaching to tweet? “I’ve just about reached my limit with Meghan and the royal family,” Mr Markle said in his new outburst.
He also levelled insults at Meghan and her in-laws, and claimed that Prince Harry’s late mother Princess Diana “would have loathed the way I’ve been treated”.
Enough was enough for Teigen, 32.
“This guy … this guy sucks,” she said, tweeting from a family holiday in Bali with husband John Legend and their two children.
“What’s wrong with him? Let your daughter be happy please,” Teigen added. “This is embarrassing.”
Teigen’s slamming drew nearly 80,000 likes.
this guy…this guy sucks. what is wrong with him? let your daughter be happy, please. this is embarrassing. pic.twitter.com/FADsBT5sfX
— christine teigen (@chrissyteigen) July 28, 2018
Until now, Mr Markle’s preferred media outlet has been US entertainment website TMZ. But he branched out on the weekend by saying his piece to the British tabloid.
During the interview, Mr Markle accused the new Duchess of Sussex of being “cold”, and said, “She’d be nothing without me. I made her the duchess she is today”.
Mr Markle attacked Princess Diana, saying she “is credited with changing the royal family, but she wasn’t perfect.
“She was still very much one of them,” he said.
Asked if he feared his comments would upset his son-in-law, he said, “I don’t care if Harry never speaks to me again, I’ll survive.”
In a bizarre claim, the 74-year-old said that “it would be easier for Meghan if I died” because “everybody would be filled with sympathy for her”.
Mr Markle, who missed walking his daughter down the aisle at St George’s chapel on May 19 because of a reported health issue, said he is “really hurt” he no longer has contact with Meghan.
“She’s cut me off completely,” he told the Daily Mail.
“I used to have a phone number and text number for her personal aides at the Palace, but after I said a few critical words about the royal family changing Meghan, they cut me off.”
He said the numbers have been disconnected: “I have no way of contacting my daughter.”
The former Hollywood lighting director stumbled onto rocky ground with the royals when he made a deal with a paparazzo to stage photoshoots before Meghan and Harry’s wedding.
After revealing a political discussion he claimed to have had with Harry, he told The Sun earlier this month he would no longer give interviews. He then told TMZ last week he had changed his mind because he wants to goad the royals into responding.
“I’m enjoying the fact that I can make the entire royal family not speak and maybe I can get a laugh out of the duchess,” he said.