Plenty of celebrities got involved in the US presidential campaign, and now that the US has elected Donald Trump, even more have gone public with their reaction.
Rapper Snoop Dogg was one of the unhappy campers, posting a photo of Toronto on social media, calling it his “new home” and asking Canadian recording artist Drake to help him with real estate advice.
Here’s a selection of some other celebrity comments:
– “Canada has just started building a wall.” – British comedian Ricky Gervais.
— #CountryOfKindness (@ladygaga) November 9, 2016
– “Great faith in God works. Mr (at)realDonaldTrump I’m proud to call you President of the United States of America. And First Lady (at)melaniatrump.” – Actor Scott Baio.
Do not sit still. Do not weep. MOVE. We are not a nation that will let HATE lead us.
— KATY PERRY (@katyperry) November 9, 2016
– “Never before have so many Americans been asked to accept a President who specifically targeted them with hate and suspicion” – Singer-songwriter John Legend.
I feel like America just sent in our tuition check for Trump University.
— John Legend (@johnlegend) November 9, 2016
– “Just was watching the news… maybe they’ll ask me to sing ‘You Can’t Always Get What You Want’ at the inauguration, ha!” – Mick Jagger.
– “We are staring into the face of our darkest self America. Why does it have to have a dyed combover??” – Actress Connie Britton.
I'm taking tonight to grieve for minorities, women, immigrants, muslims & the LGBTQ community but tomorrow I'm waking up ready to fight.
— Jesse Tyler Ferguson (@jessetyler) November 9, 2016
– “I need to wake up early and buy tons of stock in a wall building company! And logs! And metal! And levellers!” – Writer-director Judd Apatow.
– “Our President-elect gave a gracious acceptance speech this AM, making clear what a great leader he will be. It is morning in America again!” – Actor James Woods.
I went to sleep early. Woke up to this. To my fellow humans outside of the US. We don't want this. And we are heartbroken.
— christina applegate (@1capplegate) November 9, 2016
– “Happy hippies, we adjust, and we accept everyone for who they are. So, Donald Trump, I accept you. And this hurts to say, but I even accept you as a President of the United States. And that’s fine. That’s fine, because now I want to be a hopeful hippie.” – Singer Miley Cyrus in a tearful two-minute video.
— Ted Nugent (@TedNugent) November 9, 2016
– “This new president has a lot of work ahead of himself to heal the divide, I wish him well. For the sake of our beautiful country. Not the blue states. Not the red states, but for THE UNITED STATES of AMERICA.” – Actress-producer Eva Longoria.
world will never be the same. I feel Sad for the young.🚽will never be more than the toilet, I’ve used as a symbol 4 Him.
U Can’t Polish 💩
— Cher (@cher) November 9, 2016
– “Has SNL just thrown all their money at Alec Baldwin yet? This is gonna be a long 4 years.” – Model Chrissy Teigen.
CONGRATULATIONS PRESIDENT TRUMP! @realDonaldTrump against all odds ..against the establishment and even against most from the GOP..U did it!
— Kirstie Alley (@kirstiealley) November 9, 2016
“Some didn’t like Bush. Some didn’t like Obama. But this is different. Forget dislike. Many are genuinely fearful now. This is new.
– Actor-producer Seth MacFarlane, reacting to voters legalising recreational marijuana use in California, Massachusetts and Nevada
But MacFarlane could also see a positive to come out of the 2016 election.
– “At least pot’s legal.” he tweeted.