Rebel Wilson has cautioned her millions of fans about the dangers of drink spiking after a recent night out left the star feeling “disoriented”.
The Australian actress took to Twitter to share her scare with her 2.45 million followers, recalling how she only had one third of a drink before realising something was off.
“Hey guys, but especially to all the girls out there, please be super careful about what you drink when out at clubs and bars at night,” the 36-year-old said.
“I had one drink last night at a trendy club which I believe may have been spiked with something. I felt super tried and disoriented.
“Lucky for me, I only drank 1/3 of the drink and realized (sic) something wasn’t quite right in time to get home before it really hit me.
“I got home safely but woke up this morning feeling like I’d been hit by a truck.”
Hey guys, but especially to all the girls out there, please be super careful about what you drink when out at clubs and bars at night X
— Rebel Wilson (@RebelWilson) March 10, 2016
Wilson pleaded with followers to remain vigilant when enjoying nights out on the town and to act quickly if they are concerned.
“I never thought that would happen to me, but if it does … please act as soon as you feel something strange and get yourself to safety,” she tweeted.
Drink spiking occurs when a person adds alcohol or another drug to an individual’s drink without their knowledge.
While some cases involve drugs like Rohypnol or GHB, the most common drug used to spike drinks is plain alcohol.