It may not be what you’d expect to see at your local Apple Store, but the Kardashian-Jenner sisters delivered a talk at a “meet the developers” app launch event in New York this week.
At the tech company’s SoHo store, Kim, 34, Khloe, 31, Kourtney, 36, Kylie, 18, and Kendall, 19, officially launched their new curated apps and websites, setting tongues wagging and fans into a frenzy.
The sisters will give app users a more personalised insight to their lives with videos, style and workout tips and personal diaries – adding to their popularity, which started with TV series Keeping Up With the Kardashians.
Each app will feature content matched to the personality of each Kardashian-Jenner sister. Kim’s will be selfie-centric, Kendall’s will give a behind-the-scenes glimpse into the world of international modelling, Kylie’s will share make-up and style tips, Kourtney’s will have a home and family focus and Khloe’s is primarily devoted to fitness.
Can you kount all the Ks in that last sentence?
“It allows us to give this extra in-depth glimpse of who we are,” Kardashian West said of the apps.
The apps have subscriber-only content with an subscription cost of $2.99 per month each and they’re available on iTunes.
They’re sure to be a major success, katapulting the Kardashians’ kombined net worth to more than the kurrent $US300 million.
Here’s the top five reasons they’ll be app-tacularly successful
1. Thanks to their age range – Kylie is the youngest at 18 while Kourtney is the eldest at 36 – they’re covering all the demographics who typically use apps.
2. Kim Kardashian West’s last foray into the app world saw great success – her game Kim Kardashian: Hollywood earned $US74 million in 2014.
3. They already have millions of social media followers who are sure to download the apps.
4. They’re used to sharing lots about their lives – so there should be a lot of interesting content for subscribers.
5. Apple has already predicted success for the apps and seems very supportive of the Kardashian-Jenner’s newest venture.