An inquest into the death of British celebrity Peaches Geldof has found that her baby son was left alone with her body for up to 15 hours after she died from a heroin overdose.
A British court has heard that the 25-year-old’s youngest son, who was just 11 months old, was found in a room littered with syringes and £550 ($990) worth of import quality heroin.
A coroner concluded yesterday that Ms Geldof was a heroin addict and had been taking heroin substitute methadone in the two years before her death, according to a Daily Mail Australia report.
At the opening in May, the inquest heard that the entertainer’s husband had found her in a spare room at the home they shared in Kent, on April 7, after she failed to answer the phone.
Detective Chief Inspector Paul Fotheringham had told the hearing that recent heroin use “was likely to have played a role” in her death.
He also described the unsuccessful efforts her husband, musician Tom Cohen, made to contact his wife before he found her body at their home.
Her mother, TV presenter and writer Paula Yates died from an accidental heroin overdose, aged 41, at her London home in 2000.
Geldof’s father, former Boomtown Rats singer Bob Geldof has since spoken of the “intolerable” pain he feels following his daughter’s death, saying it was “still very raw”.
– with AAP