A bus carrying the Australian cricket team in Bangladesh was attacked after day one of the second Test in Chittagong.
The news emerged on Tuesday, before day two of a crucial clash that Steve Smith’s side need to win if they are to level the series.
No players or officials were injured but Cricket Australia did confirm that the incident was being taken seriously and they had beefed up their security arrangements as a result.
“En route back to the hotel last night a window on the Australian team bus was broken. No one was injured in the incident,” Cricket Australia’s security manager Sean Carroll told reporters.
“Team security personnel are currently in discussion with local authorities while they investigate the cause, which is believed to have come from a small rock or stone.
“Bangladesh authorities are taking the incident seriously and security has been increased on the route.
“To date we have been happy with security measures that have been in place and we are comfortable with the response from the Bangladesh authorities and the increased security presence we have been provided in light of the incident.”
Australia’s tour of Bangladesh was in some doubt earlier this year, while their 2015 visit was called off due to security concerns.
Cricket Australia chief executive James Sutherland said in May that his organisation had done extensive work with the Department of Foreign Affairs and other government agencies regarding security arrangements.
It came after Australia’s Under-19 team pulled out of last year’s World Cup, held in Bangladesh, in 2016.
This is Australia’s first Test tour of Bangladesh since 2006 and at lunch on day two Steve Smith’s side is 1-15.
Smith is on eight not out and David Warner is unbeaten on two.
Matt Renshaw (four) is the man out after he edged a ball down the leg side.
Earlier on Tuesday, Australia bowled Bangladesh out for 305, taking the last four wickets for 52 runs.
Nathan Lyon finished with outstanding figures of 7-94 for Australia, while Ashton Agar claimed 2-52.