News State Victoria Man dies after being stung by bee swarm
Updated:

Man dies after being stung by bee swarm

Handle with care: Bees Photo: AAP
Share
Tweet Share Reddit Pin Email

Fellow gardeners rushed to help a groundsman stung by a swarm of bees at a regional Victorian farm, but could not save the 30-year-old.

The man died after being stung multiple times at a Dunkeld property in the southern Grampians, about 10am on Wednesday.

The farm belongs to the town’s Royal Mail Hotel and general manager Mark Whitnell later confirmed the news.

“There were staff with the employee at the time of the incident and first aid was administered an an ambulance was also called immediately,” Mr Whitnell told AAP via a spokeswoman.

“The Royal Mail Hotel team’s thoughts are with the friends and family of their colleague.”

The hotel’s two-hat rated restaurant will not open on Wednesday out of respect for the man.

The death is being investigated.

-AAP